Elder Myers

Elder Myers

Sunday, October 23, 2016

May 29, 2016

Hello!! So transfer 6 is officially over! Crazy! Time flies like crazy as a missionary. I can't believe it. 

So last Monday we had a district activity and went and saw a super cool shrine that is built into the side of a mountain. It was really pretty and a really good hike too. We had lots and lots of fun! 

This week I was also able to get a new bike!! Yay!! I ended up getting a really really good bike for really cheap because I had insurance on my bike when it was stolen. So since Thursday I've been riding around on a nice brand new bike. It's beautiful! 

Saturday was our biggest and craziest day of the week!! We had transfer calls Saturday morning. Well guess what... I'm training a new missionary!!! Crazy! I'm also going to be a district leader. What!?! I was so shocked when I got the call. So from now on will be a lot more responsibility but I'm very excited. I'm quite a bit nervous to be training a new missionary but at the same time super excited. I feel like I was just being trained yesterday so this is a really weird feeling. Also I am now the same transfer my trainer was when he trained me. Crazy! So this transfer is going to be a big adventure!! 

Saturday we also had a baptism! Her name is Maricris and she is just so awesome. It's been so awesome teaching her and getting to become close with her family. They are all such great people. The baptismal service was awesome and she bore her testimony at the end and it was so powerful and just amazing. I'm so grateful for the people I get to meet as a missionary. I would never give up these experiences for anything in the world. Bringing souls to Christ just brings us so much happiness, it's amazing! 

Sunday Maricris was able to be confirmed in church so that too was a big moment for us as missionaries. Our mission president also attended our branch on Sunday so that was a treat to see him and be able to spend some time with him. 

This week was an awesome week! Many things happened and we were able to get a lot of work done. I am so grateful for everyday that I get to go out and proclaim this wonderful gospel of joy and happiness. Isn't this gospel such a joyous thing? I know I have found so much joy and happiness through this gospel. I truly have felt more strongly now then ever the true joy of this gospel. We should always be able to find happiness in this gospel because that is what our Heavenly Father wants for us. He wants us to be happy. I love this gospel and my Heavenly Father. 

Hope everyone has a great week! Love you all! 











Maricris

President Ishii

Sushi

Mountain Temple

Mountain Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment