Elder Myers

Elder Myers

Monday, December 14, 2015

December 7, 2015

Well this week was a very interesting week! Lots of good stories from this week. This weeks weather has been pretty bad. It's been raining here pretty much everyday and it just keeps getting colder and colder. Going from California where we see rain 3 times a year to having it rain for days straight is pretty weird. I've gotten used to it by now though so it's fine. Next thing to figure out is how to live in the snow...hahaha! 

Well Monday evening we had a interesting visit with 2 Thai kids we found a couple weeks ago. As soon as we knocked on the door they let us right in and sat us down and gave us some of the little food they had. They are living in such humble circumstances it was so humbling to see. Well we sat on the floor and just started talking and then I noticed a guitar so I asked which one plays. Things took off! I asked to play and just started playing and then he played some songs and we were really able to make it into their hearts and really get to know them. They are so fun and so nice and we can't wait to go back and see them again. 

Tuesday was maybe the most interesting day of the week. We had a meeting with a Jehovah's Witness that we talked to on the street. Well he showed up and he brought another friend from their church. Long story short, they did everything to prove that the church is wrong and that the Book of Mormon is fake. It was way interesting. It was by far the most interesting lesson I've ever been in. It really strengthened my testimony of this church and the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon. 

Wednesday we went to my favorite less actives home and then he took us to some awesome cliffs and we talked and had a lesson there. It was way pretty and the lesson was super interesting. He had some very interesting questions. For example "who would win in a fight Jesus or superman?" .  Me and Elder Jenks of course said Jesus! He sometimes just has the most interesting questions but he is way nice and I love visiting him. He has had a hard life and is currently divorced and the missionaries are pretty much his only friends, so it is really a privilege to go see him and to make his week. 

Thursday we had exchanges I stayed in my area and I went out with a transfer one missionary. So yes, I was the senior companion! It was way fun. It was a little weird being the one who had the most experience and spoke the better Japanese. I learned a lot and it was tons of fun. Highlight of that was that night we were at the church preparing for English class when we saw a huge flash of light right outside the window. Not even a whole second later the loudest thunder sound shook the whole church building. It was way scary! We came to find out the lighting struck right next to the church. It was a pretty crazy experience! The whole building shook and we could just feel our bodies shaking. We both just looked at each other after and were like wow what in the world just happened. Crazy!! 

Friday was my birthday!!!! Yay!! I had a good time! We just did normal missionary stuff of course. I cooked all my favorite food so that was fun! Birthdays as a missionary are just interesting. But that's okay! I'm one year older but I don't know if I'm one year wiser. Hahaha! 

Saturday was really special for me, I was able to baptize an investigator the sisters taught. She picked me to baptize her and of course I was more than willing. It was such an awesome baptism. She was so prepared and is just such an awesome person. It was so wonderful to witness someone taking those steps to follow Christ. I love being a missionary!! 

This church is true!! The Book of Mormon is true!! God is always there whether we recognize it or not. He is always there to help us and he knows exactly what we need. It is so awesome to see the Lord's hand in my life each and every day. That's such a blessing of being a missionary, everyday we see these awesome experiences of the Lord's hand in our lives and in the lives of the people we teach. However, I know that we each can see those moments of the Lord's hand in our lives. We just have to look, ponder, and ask. They will come and we can recognize it as the Lord. The Lord wants to help us, we just have to reach out! It's that simple. We have to be humble enough to ask for help and He will be there. I know this! I have seen it so many times here. I love you all and hope your week is amazing!! 

Love, 

Elder Myers





Cliffs Near Komatsu

The Sisters had a baptism














No comments:

Post a Comment