Elder Myers

Elder Myers

Monday, December 14, 2015

December 14, 2015

This week was a fun one!! Can't believe it's almost Christmas though! It doesn't seem real here cause the Japanese don't really celebrate it. Well this is the last p-day of transfer 2. Tomorrow I am officially not a bean anymore! Yay!! 

So Monday I went to the dollar store and bought some Christmas decorations and decorated the house. It's nothing much but it brings a little more of the Christmas spirit here in our apartment. 

Wednesday was a sad day :( the Dias family said they need more time to get baptized and don't want to plan a baptismal date right now. They said it's hard to join a church where they don't understand it all because they don't really speak Japanese. They still want to meet with us and keep coming to church so that's awesome . We will just keep trying our best with them and I know one day they will get baptized. They know that everything we teach is true and they have such strong faith. They love the Book of Mormon and love the church members. They are so awesome and I love them. 

Friday was transfer calls.... I'm staying in Komatsu!!!!! My companion Elder Jenks is leaving though. I'm kinda sad about that but it's okay. I'll get to meet my new companion tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it. New transfer equals new miracles in Komatsu! I'm excited for another transfer here and a new companion will be fun too!! 

Saturday night was our Christmas party and that was super fun. I went around with jolly ranchers and big 5 gum and gave them out to the kids and some of the adults and they went crazy for that stuff. In Japan they don't have super sweet or sugary candy so jolly ranchers just about gave them all diabetes, but they loved it. Funny stuff! Now they all ask for candy when they see me. Hahaha! 

That's all the good stuff from this week!! I love it here! It's getting colder and I think we might see snow this week so that will be exciting. So glad I am out here on a mission, there is no place I'd rather be. This gospel and the opportunity I have to share it everyday makes me so happy. Right now is literally the happiest I've ever been! Just going out and telling people about Jesus Christ everyday, what's better?  It always brings a smile to my face. Especially this Christmas season where everything is centered around Jesus Christ. How can we not just be so full of love and gratitude for Him and his sacrifice. A scripture I've thought about a lot recently is Luke 2:11 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." I love how it says "YOU"! It is so direct. Jesus was born for YOU. He was born for ME. He knows us perfectly and he would have came into this world and suffered just for one of us. He loves us that much! That gives me so much comfort and peace. Jesus lives and loves us, I know that! 

Love you all and hope all is going wonderfully. I Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season! Take care! Till next week! 

Elder Myers




Our little Christmas tree










No comments:

Post a Comment