Elder Myers

Elder Myers

Monday, May 30, 2016

April 24, 2016

Hello everyone! So just finished week one of transfer 6!! That's crazy! It was a fun week though! 

So Monday for Baldwins last day we did some fun stuff for p-day. A member took us out most of the afternoon and we went and drove up to the mountains and did some really pretty sight seeing. Then in the evening we went bowling with one of our investigators. That was really fun. Our investigator is pretty good at bowling and he said I was a good opponent. I actually beat him twice. Haha! It was fun! 

Tuesday was transfers...sad and happy. I had to say bye to Baldwin which was no fun. I miss him. He is a really great missionary and helped me a lot. We became really good friends in just one transfer. So yeah I picked up my new companion, Elder Masuko. He also is super awesome! He is Japanese. He is about 5 feet 2 inches. He also was a rockstar before his mission. We have had lots of fun together this week. We also help each other a lot. He helps me with Japanese and I'm trying to teach him English. It's been fun. 

So this weeks miracle... So on Wednesday we were going through our list of former investigators and I decided to call one. Well the man answered and I was actually able to make an appointment to meet with him the next day. That was a first, I've never called a former investigator and had them respond well. It was already a miracle. Well the next day we head out to his house. We didn't know but he literally lives on the top of the mountain and about halfway up it started to rain. We showed up to this man's house soaking wet and dead tired cause we just rode 2 hours up a mountain. Well we met with him and he said that people from church (the missionaries) have tried to come by before but he wasn't home so they just left notes in his mail. He said that I was the first person to ever call him and actually make an appointment. He was really happy to visit with us and wants to keep meeting so we will be seeing him again this week. 

Finally the big news of the week... I sprained my ankle really bad on Friday!! Yay! So we were riding to visit a former investigator and we got about 20 minutes from home and unfortunately I fell and ate it pretty hard and twisted my ankle really bad. At first I just thought I gave myself a dead leg or something and thought I would just wait a second and be fine. So we sat and chilled for like 8 minutes and then I tried to stand and realized I had done something pretty bad cause I couldn't stand. We called the couple missionaries and told them what happened and they said they would come pick us up and take us to the hospital. We went to the hospital and they took X-rays and said it was just a really bad sprain and that I can't do anything for 2-3 weeks. I've been getting better really fast and think I should be fine in about 4 days or so. The worst thing is the bruising. I'll put a picture so everyone can see. I'm doing fine though, we are still working hard. We went housing and visited people on Saturday still, I just crutch around everywhere. It's not fun but hey nothing stops the Lord's work right! 

That's it for this week! Not super exciting. Me and Elder Masuko are working hard to help the members here. We are really wanting to strengthen the members this transfer and help the member missionary work. It's going to be a fun transfer. 

Love you all and have a great week! 

Elder Myers





Baldwin's Last Day in Nagano




I hurt my ankle



my big fat bruised ankle






No comments:

Post a Comment