Elder Myers

Elder Myers

Monday, November 23, 2015

November 22, 2015

Not much new news from here in Komatsu. We've had a pretty normal missionary week but it was still fun as always. The weeks are flying by here and I am learning so much! I can't believe I left home 4 months ago, it still feels like yesterday. I love Japan and I love the people here. I really feel like I have known some of these people my whole life. They are so kind and selfless. I'm loving the experiences I'm having here and all that I am learning from them.

Well this week....Wednesday we found a new investigator!! Yay!! We had been praying since last Friday to find and investigator by Wednesday and late Wednesday night we found Hiyoki San through some good old fashioned housing. He is way nice and super interesting. He has tattoos all over his body, which here means he might be in a gang. We will have to ask him sometime hahaha! 

Thursday was a sad day :( we went to the Dias family's house ( our Brazilian family) to visit with them one last time before their baptism. Well we found out that the mom is still having problems with drinking coffee. We had to move the baptism two weeks back and it was a little sad but it's better that they are prepared. They are such an awesome family and we are continuing to work with them to help her stop drinking coffee so that they can all get baptized together as a family. 

Sunday we had a cool experience with a less active. We have only seen him one time because every time we visit he isn't home. Well this time he was home and we were able to talk to him and found out he was having some health problems. Well we chatted and then we shared a quick video about Christ and he loved it. Well following that he just asked for a priesthood blessing! Me and my companion gave him a blessing and it was so awesome and the spirit was so strong and I know he felt it. It was an experience to remember. 

That's about it for this week. We have had a really successful week with street contacting and housing. We have almost doubled the number of investigators that we have in just one week. Some are stronger than others but we are really seeing the work progress here in Komatsu and its so great. I am learning Japanese and Portuguese so fast and am grateful for the Lord's help so that I can teach and testify to these people in their own tongue. Missions are great and I love what I am doing so much! Everyday I learn something new, especially about myself. I am really seeing such a change the gospel is having on me and my nature. The gospel is good! God is good! Love you all and hope you are all doing well! 

Elder Myers

皆さん頑張ってね。


Photobombing the picture of the cream puff

No comments:

Post a Comment